This article from Organometallics 2000 describes the use of Cp* amido titanium constrained geometry catalysts for the carboalumination of alkenes.
This literature discussion was created in tribute to the LO author's friend and lab mate from her PhD group, Dr. Dan B. Millward. Dan passed away from a rare autoimmune disease on 23 AUG 2021. An account of his life may be found at http://eversolefs.com/1636/Dan-Millward-Memorial. He was not only an excellent chemist but also a great example of person who lived a life full of meaning and faith.
After reading the journal article and completing the literature discussion, students will be able to...
- identify and draw Cp-amido ligands
- compare Cp amido Group 4 complexes with ansa metallocenes
- use covalent bond classification to generate information about Cp amido Group 4 complexes
- describe an agostic interaction
- interpret an X-ray crystal structure
- describe percent conversion and percent yield of catalyzed organic transformations
- identify the symmetry of a Cp-amido titanium complex
This literature discussion has not yet been implemented. Reading the article could be assigned as a task for outside of class and the questions could be answered individually or in groups either in class or outside of class.
Instructors could collect the responses to each question and grade them for correctness.
This LO has not yet been implemented so there are no evaluation results to share.