Hi everyone! Team SLiThEr has been hard at work putting together a schedule of SLiThErs for the fall semester and while I might be biased, I think we've done a great job. What's a SLiThEr? A roughly hour log online meeting in which we have a speaker present for 30-40 minutes and then a discussion. You can see our previous SLiThErs here. We are going to be covering a wide range of topics this semester that we think the community will really appreciate. The dates, times, presenters and topics are listed below. We will post sign-ups as comments on this post, on our discord server and through social media. We hope to see many of you at these exciting events and as always, they will be recorded and posted to our YouTube channel.
- 9/30/2021 3pm eastern - Mitch Anstey of Davidson College presents Mitch learns about alternative grading. Learn how one of our previous SLiThErs and subsequent conversations impacted a member of our community.
- 10/14/2021 4 pm eastern - Hailey Dannatt, Licensed Clinical Social Worker. A mental health conversation: Warning signs, normalization, and responses.
- 10/28/2021 4 pm eastern - Justin Pratt of Maine Maritime Academy discusses getting started with chemical education research.
- 11/8/2021 (ish) - Final details are being worked out, but it will likely be about hybridization of d-orbitals.
- 12/9/2021 3 pm eastern - Lori Watson of Earlham College, Adam Johnson of Harvey Mudd College and Kyle Grice of DePaul University present how to get started with computational chemistry.