Submitted by David R. Weinberg / Colorado Mesa University on Wed, 10/10/2012 - 22:59
Forums

I have 3 students (2 males and 1 female) that I am trying to bring to the 2013 spring ACS National Meeting in New Orleans.

Are there any students out there that would be interested in sharing hotel rooms with my students in order to save money?

Dave

Sheila Smith / University of Michigan- Dearborn

Dave- this is a great idea to post here.  Last year HIlary and I talked about this between ourselves and it just didn't work out.  We have a group of thirteen students (supposedly) going from UMD, but it really all depends on how the male: female ratio shakes out and how much support we can scrape up from the institution.  We defintely might be able to make room for one female, but how would she feel about rooming with a group of stangers (to her) who are not strangers (to each other)?

Wed, 10/17/2012 - 21:59 Permalink
David R. Weinberg / Colorado Mesa University

Sheila- Thank you very much for your response. I will speak to her about it and see how she feels. Fortunately, it is looking more and more likely that we will be able to get funding for her hotel room.

Thu, 10/25/2012 - 19:58 Permalink
David R. Weinberg / Colorado Mesa University

Sheila,

Thank you for your consideration. Fortunately, my students received the funding that they need from our associated student government.

Dave

Thu, 12/20/2012 - 12:19 Permalink
Alan A. Hutto / AUTYP

That's a very bright idea to propose. I guess its just right and its what I also need for my two brothers. They're also attending the 2013 New Orleans ACS Meeting and its what I'm looking for. I've also experienced the same thing when I was in Malaysia. We stayed at hotel at Penang with two others which we only knew from the internet. Great way to save money though.

Tue, 01/22/2013 - 03:20 Permalink